- write_graphml(G, path, encoding='utf-8', prettyprint=True, infer_numeric_types=False, named_key_ids=False, edge_id_from_attribute=None)#
Write G in GraphML XML format to path
This function uses the LXML framework and should be faster than the version using the xml library.
A networkx graph
- pathfile or string
File or filename to write. Filenames ending in .gz or .bz2 will be compressed.
- encodingstring (optional)
Encoding for text data.
- prettyprintbool (optional)
If True use line breaks and indenting in output XML.
Determine if numeric types should be generalized. For example, if edges have both int and float ‘weight’ attributes, we infer in GraphML that both are floats.
- named_key_idsbool (optional)
If True use attr.name as value for key elements’ id attribute.
- edge_id_from_attributedict key (optional)
If provided, the graphml edge id is set by looking up the corresponding edge data attribute keyed by this parameter. If
Noneor the key does not exist in edge data, the edge id is set by the edge key if
Gis a MultiGraph, else the edge id is left unset.
This implementation does not support mixed graphs (directed and unidirected edges together) hyperedges, nested graphs, or ports.
>>> G = nx.path_graph(4) >>> nx.write_graphml_lxml(G, "fourpath.graphml")