This documents an unmaintained version of NetworkX. Please upgrade to a maintained version and see the current NetworkX documentation.
planted_partition_graph(l, k, p_in, p_out, seed=None, directed=False)¶
Return the planted l-partition graph.
This model partitions a graph with n=l*k vertices in l groups with k vertices each. Vertices of the same group are linked with a probability p_in, and vertices of different groups are linked with probability p_out.
- l (int) – Number of groups
- k (int) – Number of vertices in each group
- p_in (float) – probability of connecting vertices within a group
- p_out (float) – probability of connected vertices between groups
- seed (int,optional) – Seed for random number generator(default=None)
- directed (bool,optional (default=False)) – If True return a directed graph
G – planted l-partition graph
NetworkX Graph or DiGraph
NetworkXError– If p_in,p_out are not in [0,1] or
>>> G = nx.planted_partition_graph(4, 3, 0.5, 0.1,seed=42)
 A. Condon, R.M. Karp, Algorithms for graph partitioning on the planted partition model, Random Struct. Algor. 18 (2001) 116-140.  Santo Fortunato ‘Community Detection in Graphs’ Physical Reports Volume 486, Issue 3-5 p. 75-174. http://arxiv.org/abs/0906.0612