This documents an unmaintained version of NetworkX. Please upgrade to a maintained version and see the current NetworkX documentation.
spectral_layout(G, dim=2, weight='weight', scale=1, center=None)¶
Position nodes using the eigenvectors of the graph Laplacian.
- G (NetworkX graph or list of nodes) –
- dim (int) – Dimension of layout
- weight (string or None optional (default=’weight’)) – The edge attribute that holds the numerical value used for the edge weight. If None, then all edge weights are 1.
- scale (float) – Scale factor for positions
- center (array-like or None) – Coordinate pair around which to center the layout.
A dictionary of positions keyed by node
>>> G=nx.path_graph(4) >>> pos=nx.spectral_layout(G)
Directed graphs will be considered as undirected graphs when positioning the nodes.
For larger graphs (>500 nodes) this will use the SciPy sparse eigenvalue solver (ARPACK).