write_graphml(G, path, encoding='utf-8', prettyprint=True, infer_numeric_types=False)¶
Write G in GraphML XML format to path
This function uses the LXML framework and should be faster than the version using the xml library.
- G (graph) – A networkx graph
- path (file or string) – File or filename to write. Filenames ending in .gz or .bz2 will be compressed.
- encoding (string (optional)) – Encoding for text data.
- prettyprint (bool (optional)) – If True use line breaks and indenting in output XML.
- infer_numeric_types (boolean) – Determine if numeric types should be generalized. For example, if edges have both int and float ‘weight’ attributes, we infer in GraphML that both are floats.
>>> G = nx.path_graph(4) >>> nx.write_graphml_lxml(G, "fourpath.graphml") # doctest: +SKIP
This implementation does not support mixed graphs (directed and unidirected edges together) hyperedges, nested graphs, or ports.